Day 14:
Today we took the last block test for academics. After the test, we filled out an online critique about how we felt with the academic portion of our training. All in all, I thought is was fine. It didn't really differ from what I learned in CTI with the exception that is was much more condensed.
We then had an hour and half to study for the academic comprehensive test. The test is 100 questions long and it covers all portions of the academic lessons covered in the last two and a half weeks. It wasn't too difficult, I ended up with a 92% and the highest score in the class was a 96%. I think most people got 80's, however.
After a long lunch (about an hour and a half) we started table top orientation. We talked about how to plug into different positions, what to expect in our scenerios, what time to report in the morning for briefing (7:00am for us), and then we watched a group of instructors run a problem. We were allowed to plug in and listen to the different positions, eg. ground, local, clearance delivery.
From here on in, we don't need to bring our books to class, just our headsets and a couple of brain cells to rub together.
For the first run of the first scenerio, I get to run ground (the pressure is on). I'm going to go over phraseology tonight as well as some good taxi routes. Hopefully all goes well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home