Day 5:
Well, another day of mind numbing academics. I say mind numbing because most of us have already done strip marking and weather dissemination at our CTI schools. We also had 4 hours of training on FDIO (Flight Data Input/Output).
Here's how it went down. We did arrival, departure, and overflight strips and all of the associated markings for the first two hours this morning. Again, you probably have covered this in school, however, I could see how it could be difficult for an off the street hire to keep up with the info.
Next was disseminating weather. Again, this was also basic stuff like METARS, SPECI's, TAF's, HIWAS, PIREPS, etc. This was also two hours long.
The last 3.5 hours of the day were used to cover FDIO. Honestly, I hadn't done any of this at CCBC, however, it was very very easy to learn. Basically, it's the ATC system where flight plans are entered, modified, deleted, etc. It's stuff you really need to know if you're going to be working clearance delivery.
More to come on Monday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home