Day 33:
Today in TSS we started a problem known as the humiliator. It has 87 ops./hr but the bulk of them seem to come in a 15 minute time span about 10 mins. into the problem. It starts off kinda slow, then it slowly builds to a point where you are constantly talking to the airplanes in order to keep up. It's really a lot of fun. Most instructors don't say much during the problem, they just let you do your thing.
I knew it was going to be a busy problem when my pseudo pilot got my attention right before we started the problem and said, "listen, this is very busy, if you say the correct phraseology and instructions and the computer doesn't take it, I'll fix it. Just keep going...it's VERY busy." I thought to myself, "oh shit, this is gonna be fun."
So, here's the problem, you have lots of IFR inbounds that are lined up 4 to 5 miles apart, you have lots of IFR/VFR departures, and you have tons of touch and goes. Also, a vehicle wants to head out to the VOR. The problem will kick your ass, but it's lots of fun and almost 3 times busier than the PV. So, we'll be well prepared for the sucker.
I'll let you know what problem we practice for the PV and how it all goes. I've only got 3 nights left in Oklahoma. Thank God...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home