OKC Blog

Initial Terminal Training and RTF.......... You can find the beginning of the Initial Terminal Training entries by clicking on September 2006 under archives. RTF begins in November 2006.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 35:

Well, today we PV'd. I ran local on the second run and was quite nervous, even after I sat down and started talking to airplanes. Honestly, it was no problem whatsoever. Our instructors had us run a very similiar problem the day before the PV, and because of that, there weren't any surprises. After the 30 min. run, I was tapped on the shoulder and my PV'er said that he had A through G on the position relieft checklist, I gave him the rundown on traffic and that was it. He shook my hand, said great job and had me sign the evaluation sheet with the only comment being "good job". I am happy that I've run local and I'll run ground tomorrow on the second run.

We should all be done with the PV by noon tomorrow and after that we'll probably have a long lunch till 1:30 then we return to the academy. Our lead instructor has set up a little tour of Will Rogers airport for us and we'll all say our goodbyes after the tour is over.

Tonight we all went out to eat together and I bought a card for our lead instructor and one for our assistant lead instructor. We passed the cards around for everyone to sign and reminisced on how fast the time went by and how we'll fare out in the field. I also bought some golf balls for our asst. lead and a girl in the class bought some flowers for our lead (she's also female).

I'll let you know how the final portion of the PV goes tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home